Wednesday 12 October 2016

First week in Basque Country

First week in Basque country



As I said later it was my second opportunity to go to study in Spain. The last time I spent one year in Andalusia, so on my second visit I wasn’t that excited as the first time. Of course I was really happy, because I never had the occasion to visit the north of Spain, but I was going to Bilbao with the idea that it won’t be the same: I would definitely compare people from the north to the southerners, that the food will not taste so well, that I will not find such a good friends that I met in Huelva. In fact, the first week was not easy. I had to live in a hotel. I was looking for an apartment while the other students were enjoying the last sunny days at the beach. Very often going to some place I got lost. Coming back to the hotel in the evening or night I had to climb onto the bunk bed, because everyone in the room already slept. Since the moment I have found the flat was much easier. I had more time to get to know the city and other students. I also met my actually boyfriend here. Despite a difficult start, over time it was getting better until the moment I started my studies. I live in Bilbao but my University is in Vitoria-Gasteiz. I have classes four days a week, so I spend more than two hours every day in the bus. I got used to it, but anyway I lose a lot of time travelling. My studies are not so easy. I have to study much more than in Poland, so if someday someone tells me that Erasmus students don’t do anything, I will start to laugh, because I know how difficult  is to study abroad. Anyway, between travelling in the bus, studies and meetings with my friends from time to time I found a moment for a weekend getaways to another place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment